Velvet Teddy



As you can see I have decided to start my blog over & deleted all my posts. I fell out of love with blogging and it became more of a chore then enjoyment. I would punish myself for not uploading posts so would present half hearted posts instead of the honest quality pieces I wanted my blog to represent. After a step back out the community I realised how much I missed waffling about my favourite lipstick or nail combination & have decided to start blogging again with no expectations just sincere posts on products I am currently loving/loathing. So lets begin...



Unless you have been living under a rock, blind folded with cotton buds in yours ears, im guessing you have heard of the "Kylie Jenner" lip. With many a speculation over the exact products she uses and many catfights over the last Velvet Teddy- this trend doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
 Of course I jumped, pranced, leaped on the bang-wagon. I was lucky enough to not get caught up on the drama of the velvet teddy being out of stock and managed to get one at my local mac counter without any problems.


At first look Velvet teddy was not a colour I would initially have picked up. Being a brown-nude I feared this would look hideous against my Caspar skin but I was pleasantly surprised and actually fell in love with the colour. Being a matte formula it can pick up on dry/rough patches on the lips but with a quick buff of a lip scrub and a slick of lip balm before application it looks beautiful.  surprisingly its not drying & has great staying power which fades away leaving a slight nude tint to the lip.

I know the complete Kylie lip is not complete without Whirl or Soar but I actually use mine with either Spice or Boldy bare both my Mac and love the look & do not feel the need to rush out and purchase either of the latter. If you haven't already got your hands on this lipstick I highly recommend you check it out as it would suit a whole range of skin tones.

available here for £15.50

Ps: My lovely talented Friends Kirsty is new to the blogging scene & would really appreciate you all popping over and saying Hey & giving her a cheeky follow. She is also going to be holding a little giveaway including Velvet Teddy!  follow Kirsty here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment